OK this just isn’t working for me and to be truthful, I think the fabric is entirely to blame. The interlock which makes a nice beefy T-shirt, is too soft for the lower portion of my body. It clings what I want skimmed. I’m not finishing this muslin. I will note a few lessons learned.
1) Oddly enough size 52 which is 6 sizes too large has the perfect ease for the back.
2) The front needs at least 2″ removed which would reduce it to my usual Otto size.
3) The back crotch needs to be scooped and formed into the Fish hook configuration that works best for me with other patterns.
4) My usual 1″ elastic did not work well. As a minimum I need to add 2 more inches in length. More could be better. A softer elastic might be better.
5) A stretchy fabric with more body is a definite must. The interlock chosen was just too soft for this style.
I’ve not abandoned the pattern. It is on hold probably until 2014. I need to locate and purchase the correct fabric for the style. I hope my readers are not terribly disappointed at not seeing this made up. Since I do like a yoga pant, I’d like to give this pattern a fighting chance to shine. I promise to share the results when I’m able to find the right fabric.