Just a quick post to document my shorts from my CS instructions using the JHG .
My fabric is a seersucker remnant of indeterminate origin and age i.e I’m not sure where or when i acquired this piece and I’m not sure if it is 100% cotton, a cotton blend or a bunch of polyester. I do like seersucker for shorts and pants. They look the same all day long. I especially like cotton seersucker for summer. I think this type of fabric is very cool temperature wise.
No changes to pattern but I did take the time to trace the shorts length. It’s not all that hard to fold up the leg. It’s just nice not to have to fuss with the pattern. I had 1.5 yards of fabric and was able to cut with the waistband attached. I cut the pockets separately. Not to save fabric but because I like the construction process better. For this pattern and when using pockets, I do not serge the side seams together. I serge finish the front side seam. Then serge the pockets to the side seams and finally cover stitch the pocket bags to the front. I’ve got this down to a science. The shorts took less than 2 hours from start to finish and that includes pics for both this post and the JHG post. (Link Above.)