I hoped to have better news with this post.
The pants are now cut in a fabric very nearly like the sample provided by Style Arc. The pattern was altered to add 1″ to the back and front rise; 3″ ease was added width wise and the crotch has been scooped 1″. I also shortened the leg 4″ then walked all the seams and corrected overall length.
I don’t think the pant should be pulled this high. The crotch looks and feels terribly short, however without pulling the pant up, the fabric buckles and folds between my high hip bone and the hip-joint. I’ve added 1/2″ more ease to the back than the front. Still the back looks too tight and the front too loose. The hem circumference is now 18.5 inches very close to the 19″ of my trousers and 20″ of my flare jeans. Not the look I was wanting.
I think I”m done. Well I”m not even going to finish this one because I can’t ignore the grocery-line view shown above. I won’t be posting at SG or reporting back to the pattern company. I made so many changes that I can’t blame their drafting. I even measured the pattern with the same tape measure I used on myself. This is just not working and I’ve run out of things to try.